Jun 21, 2014 | Post by: Josh 6 Comments

Giant Slip ‘n Slide — Potrero Hill, San Francisco

You never know what you’ll see next in San Francisco…and that’s why we like it!

Some peo­ple, some time ago, were sit­ting around. One of them said, “Hey, why don’t we cre­ate a giant Slip ‘n’ Slide to pro­mote our granola!”

Then some­one else at the table said, “First we need a name for the granola.”

Then the first per­son said, “Let’s call it Bear Naked Gra­nola!”

And they all agreed. And then they made a giant Slip’n’Slide in our neigh­bor­hood, because…well because why not!

Some of the action from today’s giant Slip’n’Slide on Potrero Hill.
Sim­i­lar vibe to Bright Your Own Big Wheel.
BYOBW hap­pens on Easter, just three blocks from here on the actual twisti­est street in SF — Ver­mont Street.

6 Comments to Giant Slip ‘n Slide — Potrero Hill, San Francisco

1. Sophie Prideaux
    June 24, 2014 1:39 am

Hi Josh,

I am a reporter at the Bris­tol Post, a news­pa­per in Eng­land. We recently had a water slide in Bris­tol and we were won­der­ing if we might be able to use one of your pic­tures to do a fol­low up story and com­par­i­son to the one on Potrero Hill at the week­end. We will of course credit your name.

Many thanks,

2. Josh
    June 24, 2014 7:02 am

Hi Sophie,

Yes, I’d be flat­tered! Some­one from Bris­tol men­tioned your slide in a post some­where, would be fun to read your com­par­i­son story.

If you need better/different res­o­lu­tion or any other tech­ni­cal changes on the photo(s) please just ask.

And do please email me a link to the story if you get a moment.
    The video is my first expe­ri­ence with any­thing I’ve done going viral (minivi­ral). We’ve had 20,000 views in the last day or so, dwarf­ing pre­vi­ous traf­fic for my photo com­pany (Memento).

When I saw your name, I assumed you were from one of the French online mag­a­zines that picked this up while we slept here in San Fran.

Thank you Sophie!

3. Cash
    June 24, 2014 10:23 am

Is this hap­pen­ing this weekend?

4. Josh
    June 24, 2014 10:30 am

Hi Cash,

As far as I know, it’s not.
    We live nearby, and every­thing we’ve heard is that it was one day only, which was last Sat­ur­day.
    Too bad, would have been nice to have a chance to go down that thing!

5. SEEL
    June 25, 2014 1:19 am

Hi Josh,

I made a sci­en­tific com­mu­ni­ca­tion on Lue jerram’s work in Bris­tol and I was won­der­ing if I might be able to use one of your pic­tures to do a fol­low up story and of course I will credit your name.
    Can you just tell me some fig­ures of the event about the crowd­fund­ing aspect ?
    Many thanks,

6. priscilla Dolan
    June 25, 2014 4:45 am

Hi Josh, Great shots-looks like it was lot of fun! What a promo idea– can see why it went viral, even mini. Con­grats, Pris

• The year­books are amaz­ing.  The par­ents love them and I’m get­ting videos of the kids thank­ing me.  So, thank you again.  You guys did an amaz­ing job.”

Santa Monica

The Can­vas is already hung on the wall in the space where I prac­tice belly dance at home. It has its own wall, heh heh. You can’t miss it! Friends and fam­ily walk by and will just stop dead in their tracks and stare at it.”

I walk in here wor­ried about some photo prob­lem, and always leave happy!  You guys are so good at this!”

E., Working on Wedding Book
    San Francisco

Josh, What you have made avail­able to me is remark­able. I have not viewed any VHS in 15 years. A large per­cent­age of the loved ones & friends in my tapes are gone. These tapes cap­ture some of the years of my life I was the hap­pi­est I’ve have known. Expe­ri­enced full range of emo­tions includ­ing laugh­ing out loud often.

Dale, San Francisco

Oh my gosh.  I finally looked at the tape you tran­scribed to DVD of Michael in his first 8 months.  I have never seen this footage before. It was mind-blowing. I was glued to my com­puter for 2 hours! So I found some more tapes. I clearly need to bring in the rest. Thanks Katheryn.

Charlotte, Oakland

Thanks again and so you know, you and your staff are so incred­i­bly gra­cious, and the cus­tomer ser­vice that each of you offers is so sin­cere and spec­tac­u­lar. The cus­tom cal­en­dars have been a hit across the com­pany, THANK YOU!

Leslie, Kimpton Hotels and Resorts, San Francisco

Thanks so much for all you did to put the book together, and make it look so great! My par­ents were extremely touched, and were very impressed with the work on the book.

Debbie, Boston

My wife thinks I’m a hero for putting our China trip book together in time for Christ­mas. Lit­tle does she know how easy it was.

Steve, San Francisco

I used my Memento Book to pro­pose to Naomi– and she accepted! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Great work from long dis­tance, and thanks for rush­ing the job. The next time we’re in San Fran­cisco, I will bring Naomi by to say “Hi!”

Paul, Santa Monica

Our mother loved her book. We gave it to her as a fam­ily. She kept it by her bed until the day she passed away. We wouldn’t have got­ten it done in time with­out you guys!

Jennifer, Newport Beach

It was the best gift I ever gave. It was easy, and it cost less than some other gifts I’ve given that had less impact.

Linda, Palo Alto