Jun 21, 2014 | Post by: Josh 6 Comments

Giant Slip ‘n Slide – Potrero Hill, San Francisco

You never know what you’ll see next in San Francisco…and that’s why we like it!

Some people, some time ago, were sitting around. One of them said, “Hey, why don’t we create a giant Slip ‘n’ Slide to promote our granola!”

Then someone else at the table said, “First we need a name for the granola.”

Then the first person said, “Let’s call it Bear Naked Granola!”

And they all agreed. And then they made a giant Slip’n’Slide in our neighborhood, because…well because why not!

Some of the action from today’s giant Slip’n’Slide on Potrero Hill.
Similar vibe to Bright Your Own Big Wheel.
BYOBW happens on Easter, just three blocks from here on the actual twistiest street in SF – Vermont Street.

6 Comments to Giant Slip ‘n Slide – Potrero Hill, San Francisco

1. Sophie Prideaux
    June 24, 2014 1:39 am

Hi Josh,

I am a reporter at the Bristol Post, a newspaper in England. We recently had a water slide in Bristol and we were wondering if we might be able to use one of your pictures to do a follow up story and comparison to the one on Potrero Hill at the weekend. We will of course credit your name.

Many thanks,

Sophie

2. Josh
    June 24, 2014 7:02 am

Hi Sophie,

Yes, I’d be flattered! Someone from Bristol mentioned your slide in a post somewhere, would be fun to read your comparison story.

If you need better/different resolution or any other technical changes on the photo(s) please just ask.

And do please email me a link to the story if you get a moment.
    The video is my first experience with anything I’ve done going viral (miniviral). We’ve had 20,000 views in the last day or so, dwarfing previous traffic for my photo company (Memento).

When I saw your name, I assumed you were from one of the French online magazines that picked this up while we slept here in San Fran.

Thank you Sophie!
    -Josh

3. Cash
    June 24, 2014 10:23 am

hi,
    Is this happening this weekend?

4. Josh
    June 24, 2014 10:30 am

Hi Cash,

As far as I know, it’s not.
    We live nearby, and everything we’ve heard is that it was one day only, which was last Saturday.
    Too bad, would have been nice to have a chance to go down that thing!

-Josh

5. SEEL
    June 25, 2014 1:19 am

Hi Josh,

I made a scientific communication on Lue jerram’s work in Bris­tol and I was won­der­ing if I might be able to use one of your pic­tures to do a fol­low up story and of course I will credit your name.
    Can you just tell me some figures of the event about the crowdfunding aspect ?
    Many thanks,

Veronique

6. priscilla Dolan
    June 25, 2014 4:45 am

Hi Josh, Great shots-looks like it was lot of fun! What a promo idea- can see why it went viral, even mini. Congrats, Pris

• “The yearbooks are amazing.  The parents love them and I’m getting videos of the kids thanking me.  So, thank you again.  You guys did an amazing job.”

Jesse
    Santa Monica

“The Canvas is already hung on the wall in the space where I practice belly dance at home. It has its own wall, heh heh. You can’t miss it! Friends and family walk by and will just stop dead in their tracks and stare at it.”

Shelly
    Berkeley

“I walk in here worried about some photo problem, and always leave happy!  You guys are so good at this!”

E., Working on Wedding Book
    San Francisco

Josh, What you have made available to me is remarkable. I have not viewed any VHS in 15 years. A large percentage of the loved ones & friends in my tapes are gone. These tapes capture some of the years of my life I was the happiest I’ve have known. Experienced full range of emotions including laughing out loud […]

Dale, San Francisco

Oh my gosh.  I finally looked at the tape you transcribed to DVD of Michael in his first 8 months.  I have never seen this footage before. It was mind-blowing. I was glued to my computer for 2 hours! So I found some more tapes. I clearly need to bring in the rest. Thanks Katheryn.

Charlotte, Oakland

Thanks again and so you know, you and your staff are so incredibly gracious, and the customer service that each of you offers is so sincere and spectacular. The custom calendars have been a hit across the company, THANK YOU!

Leslie, Kimpton Hotels and Resorts, San Francisco

Thanks so much for all you did to put the book together, and make it look so great! My parents were extremely touched, and were very impressed with the work on the book.

Debbie, Boston

My wife thinks I’m a hero for putting our China trip book together in time for Christmas. Little does she know how easy it was.

Steve, San Francisco

I used my Memento Book to propose to Naomi– and she accepted! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Great work from long distance, and thanks for rushing the job. The next time we’re in San Francisco, I will bring Naomi by to say “Hi!”

Paul, Santa Monica

Our mother loved her book. We gave it to her as a family. She kept it by her bed until the day she passed away. We wouldn’t have gotten it done in time without you guys!

Jennifer, Newport Beach

It was the best gift I ever gave. It was easy, and it cost less than some other gifts I’ve given that had less impact.

Linda, Palo Alto