Jun 21, 2014 | Post by: Josh 6 Comments

Giant Slip ‘n Slide — Potrero Hill, San Francisco

You never know what you’ll see next in San Francisco…and that’s why we like it!

Some peo­ple, some time ago, were sit­ting around. One of them said, “Hey, why don’t we cre­ate a giant Slip ‘n’ Slide to pro­mote our granola!”

Then some­one else at the table said, “First we need a name for the granola.”

Then the first per­son said, “Let’s call it Bear Naked Gra­nola!”

And they all agreed. And then they made a giant Slip’n’Slide in our neigh­bor­hood, because…well because why not!

Some of the action from today’s giant Slip’n’Slide on Potrero Hill.
Sim­i­lar vibe to Bright Your Own Big Wheel.
BYOBW hap­pens on Easter, just three blocks from here on the actual twisti­est street in SF — Ver­mont Street.

6 Comments to Giant Slip ‘n Slide — Potrero Hill, San Francisco

1. Sophie Prideaux
    June 24, 2014 1:39 am

Hi Josh,

I am a reporter at the Bris­tol Post, a news­pa­per in Eng­land. We recently had a water slide in Bris­tol and we were won­der­ing if we might be able to use one of your pic­tures to do a fol­low up story and com­par­i­son to the one on Potrero Hill at the week­end. We will of course credit your name.

Many thanks,

Sophie

2. Josh
    June 24, 2014 7:02 am

Hi Sophie,

Yes, I’d be flat­tered! Some­one from Bris­tol men­tioned your slide in a post some­where, would be fun to read your com­par­i­son story.

If you need better/different res­o­lu­tion or any other tech­ni­cal changes on the photo(s) please just ask.

And do please email me a link to the story if you get a moment.
    The video is my first expe­ri­ence with any­thing I’ve done going viral (minivi­ral). We’ve had 20,000 views in the last day or so, dwarf­ing pre­vi­ous traf­fic for my photo com­pany (Memento).

When I saw your name, I assumed you were from one of the French online mag­a­zines that picked this up while we slept here in San Fran.

Thank you Sophie!
    –Josh

3. Cash
    June 24, 2014 10:23 am

hi,
    Is this hap­pen­ing this weekend?

4. Josh
    June 24, 2014 10:30 am

Hi Cash,

As far as I know, it’s not.
    We live nearby, and every­thing we’ve heard is that it was one day only, which was last Sat­ur­day.
    Too bad, would have been nice to have a chance to go down that thing!

–Josh

5. SEEL
    June 25, 2014 1:19 am

Hi Josh,

I made a sci­en­tific com­mu­ni­ca­tion on Lue jerram’s work in Bris­tol and I was won­der­ing if I might be able to use one of your pic­tures to do a fol­low up story and of course I will credit your name.
    Can you just tell me some fig­ures of the event about the crowd­fund­ing aspect ?
    Many thanks,

Veronique

6. priscilla Dolan
    June 25, 2014 4:45 am

Hi Josh, Great shots-looks like it was lot of fun! What a promo idea– can see why it went viral, even mini. Con­grats, Pris

• The year­books are amaz­ing.  The par­ents love them and I’m get­ting videos of the kids thank­ing me.  So, thank you again.  You guys did an amaz­ing job.”

Jesse
    Santa Monica

The Can­vas is already hung on the wall in the space where I prac­tice belly dance at home. It has its own wall, heh heh. You can’t miss it! Friends and fam­ily walk by and will just stop dead in their tracks and stare at it.”

Shelly
    Berkeley

I walk in here wor­ried about some photo prob­lem, and always leave happy!  You guys are so good at this!”

E., Working on Wedding Book
    San Francisco

Josh, What you have made avail­able to me is remark­able. I have not viewed any VHS in 15 years. A large per­cent­age of the loved ones & friends in my tapes are gone. These tapes cap­ture some of the years of my life I was the hap­pi­est I’ve have known. Expe­ri­enced full range of emo­tions includ­ing laugh­ing out loud often.

Dale, San Francisco

Oh my gosh.  I finally looked at the tape you tran­scribed to DVD of Michael in his first 8 months.  I have never seen this footage before. It was mind-blowing. I was glued to my com­puter for 2 hours! So I found some more tapes. I clearly need to bring in the rest. Thanks Katheryn.

Charlotte, Oakland

Thanks again and so you know, you and your staff are so incred­i­bly gra­cious, and the cus­tomer ser­vice that each of you offers is so sin­cere and spec­tac­u­lar. The cus­tom cal­en­dars have been a hit across the com­pany, THANK YOU!

Leslie, Kimpton Hotels and Resorts, San Francisco

Thanks so much for all you did to put the book together, and make it look so great! My par­ents were extremely touched, and were very impressed with the work on the book.

Debbie, Boston

My wife thinks I’m a hero for putting our China trip book together in time for Christ­mas. Lit­tle does she know how easy it was.

Steve, San Francisco

I used my Memento Book to pro­pose to Naomi– and she accepted! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Great work from long dis­tance, and thanks for rush­ing the job. The next time we’re in San Fran­cisco, I will bring Naomi by to say “Hi!”

Paul, Santa Monica

Our mother loved her book. We gave it to her as a fam­ily. She kept it by her bed until the day she passed away. We wouldn’t have got­ten it done in time with­out you guys!

Jennifer, Newport Beach

It was the best gift I ever gave. It was easy, and it cost less than some other gifts I’ve given that had less impact.

Linda, Palo Alto

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers: