Memento is proud to offer in-house scanning of both Prints and Slides.
Unlike other services, Memento does not ship your photos & tapes across the world. We do all our own scan work right here. Depending on our load, your work is often turned around in just a couple of days.
Slide scanning Levels:
$0.99 Economy Slide scan: 1,200 dpi with Auto Color Correct
$1.49 Premium Slide scan: 3,600 dpi, Digital ICE (premium dust removal) Hand Rotation, Auto Color & Contrast
$1.99 Pro Slide scan: Premium Scan, increased to 5,000 dpi
$2.99 Apex Slide scan: Premium Scan increased to 10,000 dpi
Slide pricing above requires minimum 50 slides. Add a $30 setup charge if fewer than 50 slides.
Have thousands of slides? Call for best pricing.
We are one of the only places that can perform Digital ICE dust removal on Kodachrome slides. If you want the very best, give us a try. ALL WORK DONE IN-HOUSE.
Memento uses the latest, best scanning equipment and software available.
Prices above are for loose, undamaged 35mm slides, in standard plastic or cardboard mounts, measuring 2-4mm in width (aka “normal”). Slides delivered in a form that require extra handling, such as plastic sleeves, will be charged for extra time required. Digital-ICE not available for black and white slides.
Families navigating a transition, such as passing of a loved one, or moving mom in with a relative, often find themselves with boxes and boxes of “photo stuff.” We have solved this problem so often, we now call it our Memento Family Archive Service. This service ties together scanning with methods to catalog and share the results.
Special Services scans can include children’s art, as well as 3-d objects where we take a studio photo of the item. Call us to describe your needs, we are sure to find a solution that works.
Scroll down to learn more about all our scanning services.
Memento Family Archive Service
Safeguard Your Family’s Visual Assets
Here’s a problem so many of our customers encounter eventually: the family goes through some sort of transition, such as the passing of a loved one, or moving mom in with a relative. That can leave you with boxes and boxes of all sorts of photo stuff. Memento has years of experience tailoring a solution to fit exactly your situation. We call this our Memento Family Archive service.
Should you choose our Family Archive Service, we tailor a program to fit your situation, providing you an estimate before you commit to a big expenditure. In a typical project, your scan files are automatically stored to Gold Archival Disks, rated to last at least 100 years. We also give you a thumb drive version or hard drive version, for convenience. Then, we return your originals packaged in museum-grade archival storage boxes & internally packed in PVC-free archival-grade plastic bags. You also receive a printed Reference Book, with generously sized thumbnail prints of every photo. Your Reference Book and Archival Storage system will have labels that cross-reference with the DVDs containing your scanned photos. With Memento’s MFA service, you can actually find and enjoy the photos you scanned!
Shoebox Scan for Prints
- 300 dpi scan resolution
- Kodak PerfectTouch
- Loose photos only, conforming to Shoebox Standards.
- Will be scanned in random order
- Sorted by similar size
- Scan files returned on standard data DVD
- USB Flash drives available for purchase, or bring your own!
|Up to Prints||Price|
|Over 1000||$545 + 29c / scan|
Ask about optional:
- Archival Storage Boxes for your originals
- “Keep them in order” and other special handling
- Super-resolution (600 dpi)
- Index Print
- Gold Archival disk
- Reference book
Conforming photos are:
- Not too big: 8×10 or smaller
- Not too small: 3×5 or larger
- Not too stiff: nothing mounted, or on thick stock
- Not too flimsy: no newspaper clippings
- No foreign matter: dirt, sticky stuff, staples, etc.
- Nothing else that would slow down or damage our equipment.
Fill out a contact form: click HERE to get started.
Premium Archival Scan for Prints
- $10/scan if you have just a few
- We will give you a cost estimate if you have tens or hundreds
- Cost can get down to as low as $3 each if you have many
- 600 dpi or better, we adjust resolution UP for smaller photos, so you get the best result
- Best pro flatbed scanning equipment available today
- Trained, full-time in-house staff
- Receive a scan designed to stand the test of time